As a customer of MURPHY'S LIQUIDATION FURNITURE trading as MURPHY FURNITURE please know that we are committed to handling your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and all other applicable legislation and regulations. At MURPHY FURNITURE we respect the privacy of our customers and will do our utmost to protect same. Please note by using our website you are agreeing to the practices described in this policy.
What data do we collect?
The type of information MURPHY FURNITURE collects includes your name, address (billing and/or delivery), telephone number, email address and any other transactions and registration details provided by you.
We do not collect or retain your banking or credit card details. All of our online payments are carried out by Stripe. Please visit the website link provided for details of their privacy policies and security measures.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide MURPHY FURNITURE with most of the data we collect.
We collect data and process data when you:
• Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
• Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our products and services or via email.
• Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
MURPHY FURNITURE may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
How will we use your data?
MURPHY FURNITURE collects your data so that we can:
• Process an order submitted by you
• Respond to any queries/requests raised by you
• To process product returns and refunds
• Where consent has been provided, to include your details in a database compiled by us for use in direct marketing, promotions and/or products and services we feel may be of interest to you
• To seek feedback from you in relation to customer satisfaction
• For accounting and administration purposes within MURPHY FURNITURE
• In order to monitor and improve the quality and standard of service provided to you
• To enable MURPHY FURNITURE to better understand your preferences.
If you agree, MURPHY FURNITURE will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services:
When MURPHY FURNITURE processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
MURPHY FURNITURE securely stores your data in Ireland and we have strict security protocols to safeguard all our customers information.
MURPHY FURNITURE would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop MURPHY FURNITURE from contacting you for marketing. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at: email@example.com
What are your data protection rights?
MURPHY FURNITURE would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights.
Every user is entitled to the following:
• The right to access – You have the right to request MURPHY FURNITURE for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service
• The right to rectification – You have the right to request that MURPHY FURNITURE correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request MURPHY FURNITURE to complete the information you believe is incomplete
• The right to erasure – You have the right to request that MURPHY FURNITURE erase your personal data, under certain conditions
• The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that MURPHY FURNITURE restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
• The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to MURPHY FURNITURE processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
• The right to data portability – You have the right to request that MURPHY FURNITURE transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by:
• Emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website.
- Your browsing preferences on www.murphyfurniture.ie
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
• Functionality – MURPHY FURNITURE uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used
• Advertising – MURPHY FURNITURE uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. MURPHY FURNITURE sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies?
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us?
• Email us at: email@example.com
How to contact the appropriate authority?
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that MURPHY FURNITURE has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Address: 6 Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, D02 W773
• Phone: +353 1 639 5689